Sunday, March 6, 2011

Life in the Fast Lane



So it's been like 6 months since I last posted....let's be honest - I'm not really an avid blogger...although I love reading the blogs of others.

The title of this blog is Quest For College, which I came up with when it was the only thing I could think of. So that's the topic.

School is insane....INSANE! I didn't think it was possible to get any busier, but I've managed. For example: One of my friends posted on facebook that his day was crazy because he was going from 6am - 11pm. And in my head I was like...."Chhhh. Dude that's nothing. I'm going from 6am -2am today." And then I remembered that that is nothing to be proud of, and I'm just a moron.

So what am I doing you ask that keeps me so sleep deprived?

- Dance (secondary) Education Major.
Honestly it feels like a double major because I have to do secondary education and certify in dance education as well.

- President of Songs of the Heart Choir (replacement of HOPE)

- Member of the Institute Council

- I work as an RA

-This year I have anywhere between 10-20 hours of Dance rehearsal outside of class.

- Going to New York twice this semester for dance:
- Performing Alwin Nikolais' Imago with fellow dancers in NYC
- NCUR : My piece from the student dance concert was accepted into the National College of Undergraduate Research to be presented as a dissertation...this one is taking a lot of time.

Here are pictures of my piece - I'll post the actual video of the performance/video I made at a later date.








Next is just pictures of the dance concert from the fall and last years faculty.












And the last order of business from a ridiculously long post that probably no one read all the way through:

-I just got accepted to go dance in Taiwan for a study abroad!!!!!


No amount of exclaimation marks will account for my excitement. I get to go with one of my favorite dance friends Karyn, who I danced with (unknowingly) and shared a mutual best friend (also unknowingly) when we were like 11. Wierd right? Totally rad? Oh yes.



So that's it friends - perhaps I should title this blog Quest For Simplicity....I'll get there someday right? Life is crazy and faster than I could have ever imagined, but I am really, truly happy. I'll try to blog again in smaller increments! Loves!

2 comments:

Kelsie said...

Becca you are amazing girly! You can do anything and everything! Just keep your chin up, and remember: not everything has to be perfect ;) Love you!

Kelsie said...

P.s if you like reading blogs, I have one too (I don't know if you knew that) but it is on my fb page if you wanna "follow" it :)
Good luck at your last dance performance!